1. My new recipe for the week was a success...a tasteless success. It was a super easy recipe (Summer Corn Chowder) including fresh corn, baby red potatoes, onion, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. No flavor. Very bland. If I was lacking in the area of new recipes to try, I would work with this one to give it some spark. Unfortunately, I have a kajillion other recipes waiting on me, so see ya later chowder!
2. Lily had a playdate today with Brennan, her "birthday buddy". We went to a new indoor inflatable jump place. Lily spent the first 30 minutes being scared of everything. She wouldn't play on her own in the toddler inflatables, so I climbed in the big moon bounce with her and took her down the slide. She LOVES slides on playgrounds, so I knew an inflatable slide would be a big hit. It was, but she wouldn't go down without me. So I jumped, climbed, and slid like I was a kid again...except when I was a kid, I didn't have a 22 lb toddler on my hip the whole time :)
3. I start week 7 of Couch to 5K next week! I was a bit of a slacker this week, only ran 2 out of 3 runs. This program has been so easy! I ran 20 minutes straight for the first time last week. I have NEVER EVER done that in my life. I know that seems like nothing to some of you, but it's a big deal for me. The last time I ran for any length of time was doing the mile run in school...9th grade to be exact. I remember throwing up the banana I had for lunch in the parking lot at SVHS. Nothing like a hot regurgitated banana to make you wanna run again.
4. There will be no Sunday Dessert Night this week. All three of us will be in separate places :( I already know what I'm making next week! I'm really excited about it. Nothing fancy and it involves chocolate (because it wouldn't be dessert otherwise).
5. Lily's current favorite YouTube video...can anyone tell me why?